The ECO-City city demonstration sites in Tudela comprise a whole integrated community approach
to energy efficiency and sustainable energy supply and constitute an extension of existing policies towards a more sustainable community development.
The overall objective of the effort is to connect and balance the energy supply and demand side through an intelligent energy management system. In
the future system energy supply is solely based on wind power, electricity from Photo Voltaics panels and thermal energy from passive solar and solar
The concerto project will set a reference for new standards to prevail in the community both in retrofitting, new buildings and energy supply and
the initiatives will be anchored in the whole community through training and extensive dissemination.
The demonstrations in Tudela are located at two separated districts called Queiles and Lourdes.
The overall objective
Renewable energy supply (RES)
• 2.7 MW biomass boilers for district heating and local biomass boilers
• Solar collectors for domestic hot water
• Photo Voltaic plants
Energy efficiency in buildings (RUE)
• New ECO-dwellings of more than 12,604 m2
• Refurbished ECO-dwellings - 12,514 m2
• New bioclimatic office building - 1,356 m2
• Potential solar cooling / heating investigated
Integration of RES and RUE
• Use of bioclimatic architecture, passive solar heating. (Energy storage in thermal mass, structural solar shading etc)
• 100% RES supply of energy needs on yearly balance
• New metering and supply / demand control system
• Socio-economic project monitoring